The AMA Award for Compassionate Service honors a physician who is an AMA member and, during their career, has demonstrated outstanding compassion, philanthropy and/or volunteerism to improve the state of the community in which they’re giving back.
Compassionate service is viewed as:
- Demonstrating a significant and extraordinary contribution to volunteer or philanthropic efforts.
- Enhancing the reputation of physicians as compassionate members of the community by giving back locally, nationally or internationally.
- Going outside of one’s normal duties and practices to care for others who would otherwise not receive care or support.
Please submit the following to the chair of the AMA Committee on Achievement Awards, c/o Debbie Kuss, AMA Public Affairs, via email to email@example.com.
- Completed nomination form (must be typed as hand-written submissions are not accepted).
- The nominee’s curriculum vitae.
Deadline for nominations is April 30
Download the nomination form.
Banner photo credit: Geralt, Pixabay.com