How RxTGA works for you
We know that you have many different priorities, which is why we have developed a prescriber toolkit that enables you, or members of your care team, to prescribe physical activity in just seconds. You can even prescribe virtually! If you are interested in becoming part of the RxTGA program , we’re here to support you every step of the way:
- You can receive a quick personalized orientation from your PCN or RxTGA.
- You can access the RxTGA form on most EMRs.
- You can request the special RxTGA tear-away prescription pad.
- You always have access to support from the program – we encourage you to reach out any time if you have questions.
Why RxTGA will work for your patients
RxTGA meets each patient where they are. When the patient registers their prescription, they gain access to physical activity opportunities provided by qualified fitness and recreation professionals. There is something for everyone, everywhere (urban and rural) to get started and adopt a more active lifestyle – and everything is free:
- trial access to thousands of online movement and exercise videos
- trial access to recreation and fitness facilities
- ongoing access to trial guides
- ongoing access to a remote behavioural support app to help patients stick with new habits
- a resource library that includes evidence-based materials like the 6-Week Getting Started Guide, Physical Activity Tips for Older Adults and much more
- an 8-12-week activity coaching program provided by certified health coaches to get started on the right foot and help patients sustain their new active lifestyle (starting winter 2021/22)
Why you should join this program
RxTGA can help you reduce the burden of high blood pressure, diabetes, obesity and cardiovascular disease among your patients. RxTGA can also help them improve their mental health by reducing the risk of anxiety, depression, and cognitive decline and by delaying onset of dementia. Finally, physical activity makes people feel good!
What others are saying
We were thrilled to hear from Dr. Julia C. about the impact the program has had in her practice:
“Many of my patients are low-income and the cost of joining a gym or even dropping in at a city rec center is prohibitive. By giving them a Prescription to Get Active, the barrier to change is removed and they can take an important step (or 10,000 steps!) towards improving their physical and mental health.”
How to join RxTGA
Reach out to Jeff Tareta, RxTGA Executive Director, at email@example.com or 1-866-212-7552 ext. 1.
The RxTGA can’t wait to have you on board and to start working with your patients!
Banner image credit: Ryan Qualls, Pixabay.com